Anonymous

Cholmondeley Pageant of Power 18/19 July 2009

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
tr7jim
Wedgista

Cholmondeley Pageant of Power 18/19 July 2009

Postby tr7jim » 07 Feb 2009 10:46

I am looking at arranging a club stand at the above event at Cholmondeley Castle on the 18th & 19th July 2009, which for more info you can find details at www.pageantofpower.com

For interested parties this is a two day event and you would need to be at Chomondeley by 8 a.m.or alternatively camping is available at £15 for a tent Friday & Saturday. The drivers get his car in for free / free entry and the club stand will be positioned trackside to the action.

What do you all think and if you have a Rally car its looks possible to take part in a specially stage in the Chomondeley estate.

Jim Johnson
TR Drivers club

tr7jim
Wedgista

Postby tr7jim » 11 Feb 2009 18:34

Been in touch with the event organisers and interest coming in so will be booking this event in march, no later. Looks like two TR7 V8 Rally cars will be applying to go into the specail timed rally stage, fingers crossed they get selected.

Just to give you some idea of whats on offer, entry to this event which is been compared to Goodwood is around £40+ each.

Follow this link to other events I am looking at going to this year

http://www.trdrivers.com/club_events.html

Jim

Chris Turner
TRemendous

Postby Chris Turner » 11 Feb 2009 22:32

Looks like a good event, the rally stage should be exciting with a couple of TR7V8 rally taking part.

www.triumphtr.co.uk
TR8 FHC
TR7 Sprint
TR7V8 rally car

tr7jim
Wedgista

Postby tr7jim » 12 Feb 2009 18:20

Chris,

There always room for another Rally Car or alternatively what about Castle Coombe Rallyday on the 19th September.

Looking at filling the stand with 20 TR's. If anyone else is interest, I will need details in by early march to ensure free entry for the Driver and the stand will be ideally placed to watch the action of the entered cars etc.

Excellant weekend which is only in its second year, follow the link below for the youtube link on the pageant of power site, top ratings

http://www.cpop.co.uk/pop-2008-action/

Jim

John Clancy
TRiffic

Postby John Clancy » 01 Mar 2009 07:42

This does look like a very special event. I'd like to attend but I have to work on that weekend. It would be great to show off a group of TR7/8's on a stand, particularly as a pair of rally cars are already included.

<center><b>[url="http://www.triumphtr7.com/documents/sales/codenamebullet.asp"]Buy the story of the Triumph TR7/8 on DVD here[/url]</b></center>

tr7jim
Wedgista

Postby tr7jim » 13 Mar 2009 20:40

Just in case anyone interested time now is getting close to the end of march.

I will be shortly sending in the application, still places available but you need to make your mind up shortly.

Send me a message if you are interested in knowing more.

Jim Johnson