Anonymous

Duxford Triumph show

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
John Clancy
TRiffic

Postby John Clancy » 26 May 2009 17:40

They're of the opinion that anyone who films <i>anything</i> on their land who is then going to include it in anything that is going to go on sale, however piddling, then they want their cut. I tried explaining the minimalist distribution of what I do but it seems it makes no difference whether you're an individual or a multi-national corporation.

It also seems everyone is trying to get in on this cash-cow so I'll have to see if it means filming anything in future is going to be near impossible or whether other places like Billing Aquadrome, Malvern Showground and Stafford Showground want their cut too. If that's the case then it's all over for my little Triumph DVD efforts. You'd think this sort of thing was illegal really but just look at how our MP's behave!!!

<center><b>[url="http://www.triumphtr7.com/documents/sales/codenamebullet.asp"]Buy the story of the Triumph TR7/8 on DVD here[/url]</b></center>

John Wood
Wedgista

Postby John Wood » 26 May 2009 20:11

There is a massive problem trying to take photographs nowadays.

Rail enthusiasts find it almost impossible on Stations (private property & anti terrorism paranoia).

Take a look on youtube at some people trying to take photos in public places, even the Police do not know the Law.

1975 FHC
KDU483N

John Wood
Wedgista

Postby John Wood » 26 May 2009 20:17

Have a look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjS9L5BVAl8

1975 FHC
KDU483N

tr7inc
Wedgista

Postby tr7inc » 26 May 2009 20:30

Speaking of taking photo's, its sad that i couldnt even take photos of my own children in the school panto last year, what a sad world we live in.

Steve
1979 BL Press Car Pre Production Prototype Inca Yellow DHC

Wayne S
Swagester

Postby Wayne S » 27 May 2009 07:31

That You Tube video is amzing. Such contradictions in society, when you see the problems we have taking innocent film and pictures how is it possible that Google have been left alone to freely shoot the intrusive street level mapping!! Incredible, money talks!

<b>2.0 Litre DHC Grinnall
Red 4.0 Litre V8 DHC Grinnall (with huuuuuge arches...!)</b>

John Clancy
TRiffic

Postby John Clancy » 27 May 2009 07:53

A very interesting video. I actually carry a card around with me when filming which explains the law for any jobsworth who attempts to stop me.

With regards to Duxford the situation is they received tens of thousands of pounds from Triumph owners as Duxford kept all the gate receipts. How many Triumphs were there? Around 500 I would say, and on top of that plenty of others attended without their Triumph. Average occupancy of each car had to be at least 2 and possibly 3 at £10 per person.

I don't know what the deal was with the organizers but I suspect they also had to shell out into Duxford's coffers. Then there are all those other visitors on the day who had the extra exhibit of the Triumph cars to look at besides the planes. Duxford had all that but still they wanted to charge me for filming Triumph cars that were parked on a field on their land. Obviously not satisfied in just taking an admission fee off me.

<center><b>[url="http://www.triumphtr7.com/documents/sales/codenamebullet.asp"]Buy the story of the Triumph TR7/8 on DVD here[/url]</b></center>