Anonymous

CSCA Super Sprint 2009-02-14 Oran Park NSW Au

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
omichaelshar
Swagester

CSCA Super Sprint 2009-02-14 Oran Park NSW Au

Postby omichaelshar » 14 Feb 2009 06:00

I ran in my first Combined Sports Car Australia (CSCA) super sprint event on the GP circuit at the Oran Park NSW Australia today.

The place is a bit run down but it is soon to be closed and turned into a residential housing estate.

Regardless, the event was huge fun, even though the track was wet.

Owen

more pics

Troy ODoherty
Wedge Pilot

Postby Troy ODoherty » 14 Feb 2009 10:41

Hi owen
Good to see another wedge being used in compitition.Looks like another lovely day in Sydney.[:D] How did your day go?
Cheers Troy

omichaelshar
Swagester

Postby omichaelshar » 16 Feb 2009 05:59

I had five runs of three flying laps with nearly full entry and wind-down in each run.

The track was wet and I was cautious, but it was immensely enjoyable. It required fine throttle control to avoid spinning the rear and the car was very responsive in indicating where the limit was.

By the third run I was feeling quite confident and was able to overtake another car. In the four and fifth run I was paired with an MGB. Initially I started behind him but could turn well inside or outside and could have overtaken him if committed. Subsequently I started ahead and just ran away to a large gap between us as he could not keep up.

I am really looking forward to the next event.

Owen

Ps – I forgot to check the times postings and am now hanging out to see these posted to the web

PeterTR7V8
TRemendous

Postby PeterTR7V8 » 16 Feb 2009 10:57

Cool. Another track convert & Oran Park looks like an interesting circuit. More interesting than a housing estate!

We do the same 3 lap dual car sprint thing at our club track events & it's maddening. It's over just as you're getting into the swing of things. Nothing beats the adrenalin rush of being on the track though.

Well done on beating the MG. That is what it is all about.

To do list:
Upholstery/Motor/Gearbox/Suspension/Brakes/Carb/Tyres../Gearbox/Paint/Cam+Motor
Done......./done./done....../done......../done../done/done/redone.../done/under way
Blog: http://www.forum.triumphtr7.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8548 Image