Anonymous

Wiring loom tape?

Do you have a question? Ask it here! The reference library for all your DIY instruction guides, aka ‘surely there must be an easier way of doing this’.
Post Reply
manny
Swagester
Posts: 500
Joined: 11 Sep 2010 15:52
Location: West Midlands UK

Wiring loom tape?

Postby manny » 04 May 2020 14:04

Good day

What do folks recommend? The self amalgamation type or fabric?
I have added an additional fuse box that will feed the megajolt kit. The fuse box lives near the wiper motor, it will also feed the headlights

Ta

Manny
TR7 V8 1982
Reliant Scimitar GTE 6a 1978
Reliant SS1 1800ti 1987
Reliant SS1 1600 1985
Reliant Scimitar GTC 1981
Mercedes 190E 1985

Cobber
TRemendous
Posts: 2300
Joined: 19 Sep 2005 10:03
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Wiring loom tape?

Postby Cobber » 04 May 2020 17:28

I always use self amalgamating tape, coz I have a lifetime supply from when I was a telecommunication tech :lol:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

'80 Triumph TR7, '73 Land Rover (Ford 351. V8),
'97 Ford Falcon Longreach 'S' ute,
'98 MG-F, '69 Ford F250.

Howard_B
Rust Hunter
Posts: 116
Joined: 09 May 2015 16:11

Re: Wiring loom tape?

Postby Howard_B » 11 May 2020 16:37

I have been tidying up my wiring after many years of bodges by various individuals and fitted a additional fuse board for the driving lights and the kenlow fan supply. AES in the UK supply expandable braided sleeving which I found works well - see attached photo:-

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AOV4V33rx1D4jVEslO2LUEra6v2msSDs

The web address for is www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/341/category/66

Cheers

Howard

manny
Swagester
Posts: 500
Joined: 11 Sep 2010 15:52
Location: West Midlands UK

Re: Wiring loom tape?

Postby manny » 11 May 2020 16:59

Howard_B wrote:I have been tidying up my wiring after many years of bodges by various individuals and fitted a additional fuse board for the driving lights and the kenlow fan supply. AES in the UK supply expandable braided sleeving which I found works well - see attached photo:-

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AOV4V33rx1D4jVEslO2LUEra6v2msSDs

The web address for is http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/p ... ategory/66

Cheers

Howard


Hi Howard,

that's waaaay neater than my install...i had a spare MGF fuse box..
20200507_143503.jpg
20200507_143503.jpg (169.82 KiB) Viewed 331 times


still got some wiring to do.
In the end i bought some fabric tape...which seems what modern cars use..

Ta

Manny
TR7 V8 1982
Reliant Scimitar GTE 6a 1978
Reliant SS1 1800ti 1987
Reliant SS1 1600 1985
Reliant Scimitar GTC 1981
Mercedes 190E 1985

supercass
Swagester
Posts: 609
Joined: 07 Sep 2009 02:12
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Wiring loom tape?

Postby supercass » 19 May 2020 21:34

You can purchase split electrical conduit in various colours and sizes that looks quite neat. supercass

saabfast
TRiffic
Posts: 1814
Joined: 03 Feb 2006 08:17
Location: Royal Tunbridge Wells

Re: Wiring loom tape?

Postby saabfast » 19 May 2020 23:08

supercass wrote:You can purchase split electrical conduit in various colours and sizes that looks quite neat. supercass


I have just ordered this to tidy some of the wiring on the 9-3 where the original has broken up:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-SPIRAL ... 2749.l2649
Alan
Saab 9-5 2.3t Vector Auto Estate Stage 1
Saab 9-3 2.0 SE Turbo Convertible
'81 TR7 DHC
Image

manny
Swagester
Posts: 500
Joined: 11 Sep 2010 15:52
Location: West Midlands UK

Re: Wiring loom tape?

Postby manny » 20 May 2020 08:39

saabfast wrote:
supercass wrote:You can purchase split electrical conduit in various colours and sizes that looks quite neat. supercass


I have just ordered this to tidy some of the wiring on the 9-3 where the original has broken up:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-SPIRAL ... 2749.l2649

Good day

that looks good too, will get some of that as well..

Ta

Manny
TR7 V8 1982
Reliant Scimitar GTE 6a 1978
Reliant SS1 1800ti 1987
Reliant SS1 1600 1985
Reliant Scimitar GTC 1981
Mercedes 190E 1985

moestr7v8
Swagester
Posts: 581
Joined: 02 Apr 2007 22:42
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Wiring loom tape?

Postby moestr7v8 » 23 May 2020 19:53

Hi Alan
I have got the same on my V8 only difference mine is red to match the car, :D :D
It certainly keeps all the cables neat and tidy.
Cheers
Moe
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests