Hi folks, and Happy New Year.
I decided to do a trial fit of my new alternator today, while the engine is still on the bench. I am totally baffled about how it fits and left wondering if I have the wrong alternator. Basically, if I fit is as I would expect it to be fitted, the adjustment bracket has nowhere to go. i.e. I can fit the adjustment bracket to the engine, but it doesn't reach the alternator. It is exactly as if the lugs on the alternator are in the wrong places. The alternator part number BTW is GEU229, bought from one of our favourite TR7 specialists.
So, please can someone check my thinking?
1. I believe the main mounting bracket is in the right place
2. The adjustment bracket fits here, right?
3. I have two other mystery items in my box labelled "Alternator", from which this lot came. One looks like a different adjustment bracket (might not even be off a TR7!!) and another more substantial bracket. Any ideas?
Apologies, for some reasons the images are coming out on their side, even though they are not in that orientation on my PC. Also, the photo of the mystery parts (in 3, above) is below in another post.
Is it me, having had one beer too many over Christmas???
- tn_20200101_143530.jpg (37.11 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
- tn_20200101_143821.jpg (35.73 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
- tn_20200101_144639.jpg (45.63 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
Last edited by johnnyj
on 01 Jan 2020 15:02, edited 1 time in total.