In the 30 years of TR7 ownership I have had only a few reliability issues with my TR7's.
But most were related to lack of use (water pump leaks) or just general wear caused by old age and high mileage.
And a few brake downs caused by external influences
• Like dirt in the fuel tank causing the electric fuel pump on 't Kreng to get stuck during a trip to Britain
• Losing a rear caliper after a few days of high speed driving through rural Scotland
• A broken propshaft on top of the Timmelsjoch caused by a design fault (BL related
• A massive oil spill due to lost oil filler cap;
• And the last one so far was water in the fuel tank caused by incorrect handling while the car was being recovered after the propshaft failure;